Do I really "need" a web site?
- Yes. A web site is an absolute necessity these days for any business, small OR large. Everyday the number of people that use the internet is growing. Whether it's at home, work, or even on a cell phone/PDA, the internet is everywhere and more and more people are using it to find the information they need without ever stepping foot into a business. A web site is the face of your business, and can easily be the most important part.
Why should I hire a professional designer?
- Well hopefully by this point we have convinced you of the importance having a web site is for your business. With that said, it wouldn't make much sense to give the responsibility to an unqualified, in-experienced designer. The end result, although cheaper, will almost always disappoint. Its not about just "having" a site. A poorly designed, poorly optimized web site, gives your company an unprofessional appearance, and probably will hurt you more than help you in the end. With BMF Web Solutions, you can expect to get a website that not only is visually stunning, but that is optimized for search engines, as well as your end user. Plus when you choose to host your site with BMF Web Solutions, we maintain it, update it, and monitor it so that your web site grows with your company.
How will my customers find my web site?
- The success of your company's website will depend on two things. One is our job, the other is yours. When a person uses the internet to look for businesses, they will typically turn to a search engine. (Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.) Our job is to make sure your site has been optimized to be found by these search engines. Your web site will be search engine ready for keywords that your customers will be searching for, such as your services, location, name, etc.
The next step is up to you. You need a solid marketing strategy for your web site. Every piece of literature that has your business has should have your website address on it. This includes advertisements, flyers, brochures, business cards, your company letterhead, etc. Be sure that all your current customers know the name of your web site as well. Ask them as well as all of your friends to take a look and see what they think.
How much does a web site cost?
- This ultimately is the biggest question. The truth of the matter is, although vague, is that the cost will greatly depend on the look, and objectives of the web site. Are you looking for a couple of simple pages with a picture or two, or a huge corporate site? The final cost of your web site depends on things like the number of pages, the graphics work, and what type of interactivity you would like your end-users to have.
Generally speaking however, you can expect to pay around:
|Number of Pages
|3 pages or less
||Less than $400
||Less than $500
||Less than $625
||Less than $750
||Less than $950
||Less than $1200
|More than 10 pages
||$1200 and up
What is "Web Hosting"?
- Web hosting is a fee you pay monthly to keep your web site accessible on the internet. BMF Web Solutions can not only design your company's web site, but we can also provide hosting for your web site at a very affordable price. We have many packages to fit your business, many of which include site maintenance, and site updates at no additional cost! You can read more about hosting your web site with BMF Web Solutions here.
I am currently hosted with SomebodyElse.com. Can I switch over to BMF Web Solutions Hosting?
- Yes, but to do so you will need to know your login information for your domain registrar, and either have a CURRENT copy of your web site on CD-rom, or your FTP log in information. We can handle everything else for you. You can read about our web hosting services here.
Can I choose you to design my site, and then use my own web hosting?
- Absolutely! We can either provide you with a copy of the website for you to upload yourself, or we can upload it for you. All we would need is the login and FTP information for your web host.